- Communicating frequently with the patients so as to be able to identify their needs and attend to them accordingly
- Making sure that appointments are made and adhered to with patients’ physicians as at when due
- Being responsible for the well-being and safety of patients under care
- Seeing to the availability of a patient’s medication at all times
- Interacting respectfully with patients and their relatives (if the need arises)
- Keep all matters related to patients or their families confidential at all times
- Extend support/care period if the need arises
- In the case of serious side effects or health-related issues, notify the patient’s physician and family.